Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Are Safe

Just a quick note to tell everyone out there that we (being Peace Corps Volunteers) are well taken care of and are currently in a hotel outside of Yerevan. That, unfortunately, cannot be said for our friends and family back in Georgia. We have not been able to gather the latest news, but we have heard reports that the Russian military are pushing into Georgia from the West. We hope that the violence ends soon, and that - possibly - we may go back to Georgia in the next few weeks, but that is looking increasingly unlikely.

We will keep you updated with the latest information. Thank you for all your emails and your concern for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys, I'm glad you're doing fine. I've been spending a lot of time reading about the situation. As you are aware, some see this as one of those paradigm shifting moments - especially previous Soviet states...Please contact me anytime you need help. I'm in Belgium at +32-487-614-455. I think you have my email. My cousin is currently working in Kiev, Ukraine if situations arise that you have to split. Although the Ukraine may not be such a hot idea either...

Peace,
Voytek